Las Vegas, NV 89123
Thorough and productive software architect and engineer.
September 2016 - Present
Senior Software Engineer at Originate, Inc., Las Vegas, NV
- Worked for a few clients on some projects.
- Designed and iterated upon a report generation service to fulfill a client's changing needs.
- Developed a GraphQL server for a client's website.
- Customized server software in support of an educational mobile application.
December 2013 - August 2016
(Resigned my last position in order to get married abroad in Indonesia.)
- Got married and stayed in Indonesia (with frequent excursions to other countries) while waiting for my wife's US Visa.
- Developed and maintain a web version of a board game.
- Wrote code to solve some online puzzles (logic puzzles, lasergrids, calcudoku) and play an online game (Yahtzee) automatically.
- Learning new technologies. Keeping my skills up-to-date.
May 2012 - December 2013
Software Architect at Dinar Trade, Las Vegas, NV
- Designed and developed an ecommerce system including a normalized database that tracked numerous things for reporting purposes.
- Implemented many drill-down reports for tracking orders, inventory, trends, payments, and profits.
- Architected and developed a finite state machine process to track orders from conception to fulfillment.
This was quite helpful for decoupling some subsystems and for implementing the business rules for a particular tricky order type.
- Provided telephone customer service during periods of high call volume.
- In response to customers, wrote a program to provide an emailable order history report.
- Designed a payment system that could load scanned check images and wire transfer reports and facilitate the application of those funds to orders.
Upon receiving the full payment amount, orders would automatically advance to the appropriate next state.
- Wrote the database migration script (ETL) to bring old data into the new system.
February 2012 - May 2012
Software Engineer at AMG Services, Las Vegas, NV
- Worked with a teammate on integrating text message functionality. Utilized the Twilio API.
- Fixed various bugs in a legacy system. Made new features.
May 2008 - June 2011
Software Engineer at eCommLink, Las Vegas, NV
(My division at Selling Source was purchased by eCommLink.)
- Designed and implemented (along with teammates) multiple Stored Value Card customer acquisition, card management, and administration web sites in a PCI DSS compliant environment.
- Work focused mainly on server-side and behind-the-scenes code.
- Made custom solutions for clients including Discover, Sodexo, and Pay Card USA.
May 2007 - May 2008
Web Developer at Selling Source, Las Vegas, NV
- Worked with teammates to develop a sports fan website.
- Database normalization.
- Developed unit tests. Found and fixed bugs in the process.
October 2006 - April 2007
January 2004 - October 2005
Computer Programmer at Budcat Creations, LLC, Las Vegas, NV
- Worked on the User Interface and core logic of a Playstation2 and XBox title.
- Ported and created various pieces of the User Interface for a PC title. Worked closely with an artist in getting widgets working and looking correct in the game.
- Conceived and developed the image processing tool we used for a Playstation2 title. Implemented new functionality as requested by colleagues.
- Some technologies used: C++, Lua, Python, SQL, Perforce.
April 2002 - April 2003
Computer Programmer at Statistical and Software Analysts, Inc., Las Vegas, NV
- Designed, developed, and documented a video codec using modules developed by colleagues.
- Worked as a research assistant on image and video compression algorithms.
- Developed GUIs to visualize algorithm effectiveness.
- Some technologies used: C++, Win32 API, MFC.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, May 2002
University of Nevada, Las Vegas