This is a multi-platform NetAcquire client written in Java. It is designed to work like the client mode of NetAcquire.
Extra features include:
- Net Worths field: Shows each player's net worth, which is the amount of money they'd have if the game ended immediately.
- User list sorting: Can either: not sort, sort alphabetically, or sort by game number.
- Audio notices: If desired, an audio file selected by the user is played when it's the user's turn to make a decision.
- Game logging: If desired, games are logged to files (for future review in Review Mode) in a directory chosen by the user.
- Review mode: Game log files can be drag-n-dropped into the window in order to be reviewed. Arrow keys are used to go between turns or decisions.
- User messages are shown in a different color: User messages are shown as normal in the message windows, except they are in magenta text.
- Modal messages reported in the message windows: Modal messages such as "Tile bag empty" or "Game ended" are displayed in the message windows in red text. There is an option to also display these in dialog boxes.
- Game board label mode: Can show coordinates, hotel initials, or nothing.
- Java SE 7.0 or higher is required. Please visit Download Java Software, if necessary.
- Only uncompressed sounds will play. If you have a sound file that doesn't play, then you must uncompress it. One way to do this on Windows is to play the sound in WinAmp using the Nullsoft Disk Writer output plugin.
- You could use the sound that I use: my_turn.wav.
Here is a list of hosts (enter in the IP/URL:Port field) maintained by other people:
Download my NetAcquire Client.
Or you could play my web version of Acquire. It's completely separate from NetAcquire. Play Acquire on the Web using your computer, phone, or tablet!
Questions? Suggestions? Bugs? Send an email to email@example.com.